Powered by Blogger.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.


"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible" - Dalai Lama

I have always been one to live by this quote. I believe that we should always be kind to others, and to never let hatred or someone who has wronged us affect the way we treat others. I hate putting others down more than anything. We are all individuals, living our own lives, so instead of being negative towards others, can't we just be kind and spread positive vibes? There is a difference between speaking your mind and hurting others, but that's just my opinion.

"A little spark of kindness can put a colossal burst of sunshine into someone's day"

Being kind doesn't mean you have to compliment someone all the time - although that is such a nice thing to do and everyone deserves a compliment or two, so sprinkle them everywhere like they're confetti! Other acts of kindness could be holding the door open for someone, giving up your seat, sharing a smile, making someone laugh, make someone feel welcome, offer your change to someone who is struggling to find the right amount, offer to help someone with their shopping, tell someone who's doing a great job to keep it up, pay for someone in the queue behind, visit someone who may be lonely, donate old things to a charity and so much more. 

"Always be a little kinder than necessary" - J.M. Barrie

Being kind is often overlooked as a sign of weakness, and sometimes it can be, sometimes the people who are so kind can forget and not notice when others are taking advantage of that. But little acts of kindness and staying humble can really go a long way. In school I struggled a lot as I was bullied for quite a few things - which when I look back on, they were so petty! I would get bullied because of my social media following, and because I was quiet which I guess made me seem rude or unfriendly, or even sometimes because I was kind to others and I guess people couldn't accept that? And so on. I won't go into detail because that's not what this post is about. My point is that I stayed cool, down to earth and myself. I realised in my last year of school that staying kind and humble is a lot easier than reacting. Why spend time hurting others when you can use that time to be kind or let it go? 

A lot of people will say, 'but you're just letting people walk over you!'. You're wrong. That's not what being kind and humble is. I think it's a sign of strength, rather than weakness. Being kind to someone who is purposely trying to hurt you is hard, but it shows strength and you should always remember that. Kindness involves having patience, generosity and courage.

"Above all else, be kind to yourself and others" 

Another thing I think a lost of us forget is how important we are. Being kind to others is a wonderful trait, but remember to be kind to yourself too. You deserve kindness. Simple self love acts could include having some time to yourself, appreciating yourself, remind yourself of what's important what makes you happy.

So, extend your hand in kindness to others, because they just might extend their hand back to help you, too. One act of kindness can really change someone's entire day, it can restore someone's hope, and it is not a sign of weakness. I'm not saying 'don't speak your mind!' NO, that's a good thing! Don't bottle everything up, but choose your words. Just a thought :)

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Thank you for reading,

Until next time, be you and keep smiling!




CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! One of my favorite sayings to live by is "be kind." I think when you live your life kindly, everything falls into place. I also think kindness, in the face of adversity, is bravery and a sign of strength.

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top