Powered by Blogger.

'Me Before You' by Jojo Moyes




Trigger Warnings: suicide, sexual assault.


Good afternoon, lovely readers. After going through my blog posts since starting up this blog I realised that I am still yet to blog about one of my favourite books, ever. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't shocked... I mean, I have read this book 3 times, now. This isn't a review, I just really want to share my love for Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.

For those who are unfamiliar with this book, here's the blurb just to give you a small understanding.

"Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn’t know is she’s about to lose her job or that knowing what’s coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he’s going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn’t know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they’re going to change the other for all time."

It is quite unusual for me to read something that doesn't include pages full of action, FBI agents, crime, psychological based plots, zombies and so on. But I read the blurb of this book and I didn't even hesitate before purchasing it. Exploring a different book genre certainly wouldn't hurt... or so I thought. For those who have actually read Me Before You, you will certainly know what I am talking about. This book is truly beautiful, Jojo Moyes is an incredible and truly talented writer. She captures the honest truth, the sadness, the humor and everything that goes with it so well. This is a beautifully written story that I truly couldn't get enough of - so of course, I did the brave thing and read it a total of three times. I will admit, I cried, I cried a lot each time. This is a book that you will both laugh and weep over. It's captivating, raw and I implore that you read this. Really!

It also covers some very important topics, such as suicide, sexual assault, and quadriplegia which if you didn't know is injury to a person which results in partial/total loss of use of the limbs/torso.

Oh, and how could I possibly forget!? The movie is coming out in June and I am SUPER EXCITED. One of my favourite actors, ever - Sam Claflin - is playing the role of Will Traynor so I know that he will most definitely do the role, and the book, justice and will stay true to Will. Also, Emilia Clarke as Lou Clark? Yes! AND, Matthew Lewis is in it! Such a great cast. (I definitely got a bit excited there, sorry.) So, expect a movie review from me in June!

Anyway, thanks for reading and for letting me share my love for the book. Have you read it yet? And are you looking forward to the movie?

Until next time, be you and keep smiling.


For more information on quadriplegia, visit here.

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes!! I absolutely ADORED this book and was crying SO MUCH as I read it! I'm also very excited to see the movie! I'm planning on seeing it with one of my best girlfriends for my birthday since it will be coming out just 3 days before.

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's by far one of the best books out there! The movie is going to be so so good, and no way, that's great timing!

      Tiffany

      Delete
  2. Hi! I just finished this book myself and I agree with a 100%! It's funny, loveable, and oh boy did I cry. I did know the ending so I didn't cry as much as I thought I did at the final scenes but it was so well written and I'm so excited for the movie!!

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful book and truly captivating!

      Tiffany

      Delete

Back
to top