Powered by Blogger.

DEATH OF A BACHELOR // PANIC! AT THE DISCO - Favourite Lyrics and Review


(I know this is long overdue but I'm finally catching up with all my album reviews!)

Victorious

"Tonight we are victorious, champagne pouring over us"
"It hurts until it stops, we will love until it's not"
"My touch is black and poisonous"
"Shooting fireworks like it's the fourth of july"
"Throw the bait, catch the shark, bleed the water red"


Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time

"It's a hell of a feeling though"
"I wanna wake up, can't tell if this is even a dream"
"Fancy feet dancing through this town"
"Don't threaten me with a good time"


Hallelujah

"Then the time for being sad is over"
"And being blue is better than being over it"
"All you sinners stand up, sing hallelujah"
"I love the things you hate about yourself"


Emperor's New Clothes

"Welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life"
"I see what's mine and take it"
"Heroes always get remembered, but you know legends never die"
"Mortal kings are ruling castle, welcome to the world of fun"
"Liars settle into sockets, flip the switch and watch them run"


Death Of A Bachelor

"Do I look lonely, I see the shadows on my face"
"Pull my heart out my chest so that you can see it too"
"I'm walking the long road, watching the sky fall"
"I'm cutting my mind off, feels like my heart is going to burst"
"Share one more drink with me, smile even though you're sad"
"Seems so fitting for, happily ever after"
"A lifetime of laughter, at the expense of the death of a bachelor"


Crazy=Genius

"She said at night in my dreams, you dance on a tightrope of weird"
"There's no residue of torture, inside of your eyes"
"You can set yourself on fire, but you're never gonna burn"


LA Devotee

"You got two black eyes from loving too hard, and a black car that matches your blackest soul"
"The neon coast was your sign"
"Swimming pools under desert skies, drinking white wine in the blushing light"
"Sunsets on the evil eye, invisible to the Hollywood shrine"


Golden Days

"I found a pile of Polaroids, in a crate of a record shop"
"Oh don't you wonder when the light begins to fade?"
"and the clock just makes the colours turn to grey, forever young or growing older just the same"
"I bet they never even thought about the glitter dancing on the skin"
"All the memories that we make will never change"
"And I swear that I'll always paint you, Golden Days"
"Time can never break your heart, but it'll take the pain away"
"Right now our future's certain, I won't let it fade away"


The Good, The Bad and The Dirty

 "Truth is that it was always going to end, this symphony buzzing in my head"
"There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad"
"And all our friends want us to fall in love"


House Of Memories

"Memories turn into daydreams"
"Soft hearts electric souls, heart to heart and eyes to eyes"
"Baby we built this house on memories"
"Take my picture now, shake it til you see it"
"And when your fantasies, become your legacy, promise me a place, in your house of memories"
"You were just too kind and I was too young to know"


Impossible Year

(Insert entire song!)



Overall Review

Where do I even start? This is probably my favourite album of 2016 so far. Every single song on this album reaches the highest of expectations and this may even be their best album yet. Although, I do really love Pretty. Odd. Nevertheless, this album is incredible and is definitely in my top 5. The lyrics, melodies, instruments, vocals, harmonies (I could go on...) are all outstanding. My favourites are... well, every song. I honestly can't choose, they're all equally as great and I just find it so hard to choose a favourite! This an album full of emotion, incredible and powerful rhythm and the atmosphere as a whole is brilliant. I would love to hear the album live to really experience it, but until then, I'll just keep listening!


To purchase/stream Death Of A Bachelor: iTunes, Spotify, Amazon


Thanks for reading, Which is your favourite P!ATD album? And have you seen them live before?

Until next time, be you and keep smiling.



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top