Powered by Blogger.

Captain America: Civil War Review


Movie Summary: 

"Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain."


Last week - and again last night - I saw the new Captain America movie. How would I describe it? Engaging, comical, fierce, powerful. I had very high expectations for this installment as one of my favourite Marvel movies to date is Captain America: The Winter Soldier. So, naturally, I expected the newest installment to be just as good, if not, better... Well, I left the cinema absolutely speechless, it was that good. 

I think with any Marvel movie involving more than one superhero there's always that bit of doubt that maybe it will feel like they've crammed too many characters into one movie. Not with this one. Each character showed it's quirks and skills well. I love how they showed the evolving independence of Scarlet Witch as well as all the madness involving each and every character and events. And can we talk about Black Widow? She never fails to amaze me, she kicks-ass. Both Scarlett Johansson and Elizabeth Olsen are brilliant actresses and kick-ass - both strong roles. I also think that the CGI was once again, impeccably done. I watched some behind the scenes footage on YouTube of the CGI that took place and I was amazed. Another thing that stood out was the fight scene between Team Cap and Team Iron Man at the airport - definitely well done and full of super powered action. 

There's probably two things that I'd criticize. One of them being the fight scene near the end between Rogers, Stark and Barnes - I did expect more from that scene and felt the writers left something to be desired (I'm just not sure what!!) but nevertheless the fighting, action and acting as a whole was incredible and I applaud them for that. Also... well... the new Spiderman? I'm not sure what I think just yet! Tom Holland did so well though, nevertheless! Also, once again Sebastian Stan (my fave!) portrayed The Winter Soldier brilliantly and I'm so glad he got a bit more dialogue this time round.

As a huge Marvel fan, to the newcomers, I suggest watching the previous Captain America and Avengers movies before watching this - for the best experience, outlook and understanding. 

Overall, a 5/5 star rating from myself.

Are you Team Cap or Team Iron Man? And what do you think of the new Spidey? Let me know what you think in the comments!

Thanks for reading,

Until next time, be you and keep smiling.



CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Team Cap/Team Bucky over here! I enjoyed the movie too! And Captain America: The Winter Soldier will always be my favorite movie. :) But I completely agree with you about that final fight scene...it just wasn't that exciting. And I honestly thought that the movie was going to go the route of the comics (so, I was fully prepared for Captain America to not make it through this movie)...so, I was even more disappointed that nothing terribly significant happened.

    I also went into this fully prepared to hate Spider-Man.. so, maybe my low expectations were the reason I didn't mind Spider-Man too much? I also enjoyed T'Challa.

    And I agree that the CGI was awesome! My husband argued with me on this...but I really thought it was well done.

    Great review! :)

    ~Lindsey
    have-clothes-will-travel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie was loads of fun and strong with its conflicts. That airport battle was awesome.

    Nice review.

    - Zach (http://fadetozach.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top