Powered by Blogger.

Alice Through the Looking Glass Review

image source: disney


(Spoilers Alert! Read at your own risk... :) )

As some of you may or may not know, I am quite literally one of the biggest Alice in Wonderland fans out there. You know, one of those who can quote the entire thing, has watched it over a hundred times, read the magnificent books, yeah, I'm sure you get it.

Anyway, I saw Alice Through the Looking Glass on it's release day and oh my gosh, it was amazing. I always have high hopes for certain movies - this being one of them, of course - and to be completely and totally honest it exceeded my expectations - it was that good.

However, if you were expecting to suddenly be transported to the world of Alice through the looking glass book, then I'm sorry to disappoint you but this isn't for you. Nevertheless, I think it was a great movie and once again I refuse to listen to the critics about it.

I loved that while Alice was travelling back in time to save The Mad Hatter, both she and us got a little more depth into more than one character - Mad Hatter and Red Queen. 
The big Alice in Wonderland fanatics like myself, will notice some really small but wonderful links, like with the roses for example which has always been one of my favourite aspects of the classic tale and why the windmill was broken, just small things like that really made me happy to be honest and I couldn't help but smile to myself. Also! Once again the CGI is outstanding, no flaws there.

Wasikowska portrayed Alice brilliantly once again, maybe even better some would say - I think I agree. I did get a little bit teary eyed at several points - the first time being when I heard Alan Rickman's voice, he truly doid the voice for Absolem so well.

Overall, how would I describe this? Adventurous, fun, visually wonderful. 

This movie isn't for everyone, especially those expecting it to be an adaption to Lewis Carroll's book, but it really is a great movie and I do recommend it. It compels different emotions - fear, sadness, happiness and so on. So, watch it!

Have you seen Alice Through the Looking Glass yet? What did you think? Let me know!

Thanks for reading,

Until next time, be you and keep smiling.





CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you, Alice Through the Looking Glass really exceeded my expectations too! Really good review! Love reading your review posts!


    Whitney xoxo | Whitney Loren.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top