Powered by Blogger.

48 Hours in London


A couple of weeks ago, my wonderful friend Whitney and I went to London for the weekend as we were attending the Bloggers Ball hosted by Scarlett London. (you can check that post out here if you'd like to!) 


We began our journey to London at around 7 in the morning via National Express - for anyone who agrees with me and thinks the train is overpriced despite it being a lot more comfortable, you should know that we saved ourselves over £100 each by traveling by coach - you can get it cheaper again if you go by Megabus, too. Just thought I'd mention that!

We arrived in London just after 12 and by this point we were rather tired, but oh boy was I excited. I do recall Whitney saying that she couldn't wait to get to the hotel to sit down, I looked at her as if to say, 'you've been sat down for over 5 hours...'.  Anyway, we soon got to the bus station and were on our way, or so we thought...





After three failed vlog introduction attempts (I eventually gave up), a short walk through the prettiest park that you would not find anywhere near where I live in Wales, a couple of scenic photos and a stressful and tiring walk (in a complete circle) with our luggage to the tube station later, we were finally on our way to our hotel. I found it very funny that we struggled so much to actually find our hotel when it was under our noses the entire time after getting out of the underground! Shortly after we decided to grab something to eat and sit by the River Thames as we had an hour or so before we were able to check in - we stayed at Travelodge in Vauxhall. 



After checking in and finding our room, we settled in and decided to explore London - with the intentions of finding a Boots store somewhere. I won't lie, it was a lot harder than we first anticipated. Nevertheless on the way to finding a second Boots store after the first one was a no-go we strolled past Tate Britain and I had to go inside to take a look around - I love art, and I will take up any opportunity to go into an art gallery.





We then continued our search for a Boots store while passing all the sights such as Big Ben, Westminster and so on. I knew London was busy, but my god it's busier than I ever thought. I suppose I'm not used to it considering I live in a small, laid back kind of town - although I really do fit in with city life, so I've noticed.







After what we realised was the longest walk of our lives we decided to make our way back to our hotel and head to Nandos. Despite the fact my order came so late and they put quite literally three times the amount of sauce that I'm used to on my veggie burger, it was nice! Inside was definitely a lot nicer than my local Nandos, anyway.


The next day - Saturday - we headed to the bloggers ball which was in SOHO. While walking through Piccadilly we decided that we just had to come back the next day to explore a little as we were in heels for the event and they were already being a pain in the backside. Also, my outfit definitely wasn't suitable to explore in.






I have to say, London is such a pretty place. Great for photos and for a weekend away. This was the most I've spent in London and well, the most I have been able to seen as usually I come for a concert and leave straight away or in the past, for a school trip so until now I hadn't seen much of it.

Overall I had a lovely weekend and I'm already wanting to plan my next trip there to see everything else!


Have you ever been to London? What was your favourite thing about it?
Thank you for reading. 


Until next time, be you and keep smiling.














CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Love love love this post! I actually giggled to myself when you mentioned that I wanted to go to the hotel to sit down.. after sitting down most of the morning anyway haha!

    Whitney xoxo | Whitney Loren.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top