Powered by Blogger.

16 Movies That You MUST Watch



I am a huge movie person and I'm sure we all get asked now and again for movie suggestions. So I thought I would put together a small collection of movies for you to watch.  Now as much as I love movies such as Rocky, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Divergent and so on, I'm pretty sure most people have seen them (if you haven't, then what are you waiting for?) so I'm going to try and keep this as a list of movies that should be talked about more. So let's get to it!



1. A Girl Like Her - This is such an important and relevant movie to watch about bullying and it's affects. This movie made me cry, a lot. It's so powerful and real.


2. Comet - A movie about love and bounces back and forth over the course of a 6 year relationship and is set in a parallel universe. Throughout the movie you feel like you have piece it all together like a puzzle because nothing is shown in order, but the truth is it's been pieced together all along which really makes it a must-watch.




3. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - The dialogue and direction of this movie is so interesting and brilliant. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is about a 11 year old boy who searches New York City for the lock that matches a key that was left behind by his father who died on September 11, 2001 at the World Trade Center. By the end of the movie I can honestly say I was feeling all kinds of emotions, it'll get you balling your eyes by the end and I think the actor - Thomas Horn - did an exceptional job. 



4. Escape Plan -  Who doesn't love Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the same movie? This is one of their least popular movies - for reasons I do not understand - unlike Rocky, Rambo, Terminator and so on. But, I think it's so good! I really didn't see any of the plot twists coming and the action involved is incredible - I mean, of course it is! It's Sly and Arnie, this is their expertise.



5. Room -  This movie is truly brilliant. It's intense near the start - so intense that my heart was racing and I was on the edge of my seat. quite literally - but then throughout it you get drawn in and you become so attached to the characters and the story line is different to most, but unique and interesting.



6. Stuck In Love - One of my favourite movies ever and should be more appreciated. This movie shows the complexities of love and is just a nice family drama movie. I absolutely love movies about writers, anyone else feel the same way? Anyway, the cast/plot and everything in general is great.



7. Love Rosie - Another one of my favourite movies (and books). Although the movie is loosely based on the book but captures the essence of it well. Lily and Sam play both their parts well together and the movie just makes me happy.


8. Into The Wild - Quite an inspiring movie, based on a true story. After graduating college, a guy abandons everything he owns, give his entire savings account of $24,000 to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. This is a beautiful movie and really moved me.



9. New Years Eve - I love it and the cast is brilliant. It shows the lives of several people during NYE, a simple movie yet really warm and hopeful. It's one of those happy ending, feel good movies and perfect for the holidays.



10. Million Dollar Baby - An inspiring movie about a woman who is determined to train to become a professional boxer. It's flawlessly written, directed, acted, produced. What more can I say? There are so many layers to it and it keeps it interesting. It's a lot deeper than just the boxing aspect. Basically every element of this movie is incredible.



11. Black Swan - I remember before I watched this I had already decided that I wouldn't because I didn't like ballet. But after my cousin told me that I had to watch it, I gave in and I'm so glad I did. It's dark and moving.



12. The Pursuit of Happyness - Another inspiring and touching movie about a father who will do anything for his son whom he has custody of because of his love for him. It shows real life struggles and teaches you the lesson of taking even the smallest things for granted. Truly meaningful and uplifting.



13. Fathers and Daughters - This movie is truly heart wrenching but I highly recommend it. I cried so so much at the end, it's a real tear jerker. This movie shows a lot of pain, struggles but also makes you think real hard about your priorities and just what matters. Also, the finishing song really completed the movie for me - although it's hard to listen to when you're trying to stop yourself from crying! This, is a must-watch but have your tissues in hand.



14. The Martian - This is probably one of the best movies to come out of 2015. It's about an astronaut who ends up stranded on mars after his team assume he is dead, who then has to find a way to keep himself alive and to signal Earth that he is alive. It's intense and the acting and screenplay are both brilliant.



15. Hush - A gripping thriller from netflix that should be more talked about. I won't talk about this too much but if you'd like to know my thoughts on then click here as I wrote a review on it around a couple of months ago.



16. Wild - A movie about one woman's story of regret, troubles, healing, decisions and forgiving herself. I think this movie is uplifting and believe it or not it sparked a huge urge to conquer a trail like this in the future. So I guess you can say it inspired me. I think the flashbacks throughout the movie piece things together so well and you really get drawn into the story trying to find answers. A must watch and such a wonderful performance by Reese Witherspoon.





So there we have it! I won't lie, I could suggest another 20 or so movies but I'll leave that for another day.

Have you seen all of these movies? If so, which was your favourite? If not, will you be adding any to your 'must watch' list? Let me know!

Thanks for reading,

Until next time, be you and keep smiling.





CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. I just recently watched Love Rosie for the first time & aww it's so cute :) I really love New Years Eve as well, I've been watching it on new years eve for the past three years & I never get bored of it x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Rosie and Stuck In Love are definitely on my faves list! Hush got me hooked and I was too scared to watch but at the same time I just wanted to know what was going to happen next! x

    Whitney xoxo | Whitney Loren.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top